Pages

Tuesday 20 November 2018

Waking Up

Waking up with a humongous yawn.
My mum is screaming at me to mow the lawn.

Rushing down with a huge jump.
Well jumping up with a loud thump.

My head is hurting, I’m feeling so dizzy.
I’m imagining myself drinking some fizzy.

I got up and went outside to have a stretch.
Afterwards I went to my cat and played fetch.

I went back inside to have something to eat
Some delicious and crunchy meat.

I went back outside and climbed a tall sized tree
A big diamond kite is waiting for me.

I reached out and snatched it with my right hand
I jumped off the tree and had a perfect land.

I went back inside and ate some more food
My lungs and my heart are in a sleepy mood.

My arms are weak and my legs are numb
My abs are floppy and my head is dumb.

I'm on my bed ready to sleep
My blanket is tucked in very deep.

I really want to go outside and  play

But my brain is telling me to sleep for the next day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Soane,

    It's Leslie here, writing to you from Canada where it's cold and snowy. We're in the middle of winter!

    I'm a member of the Summer Learning Journey team and I notice that you've written a poem about waking up/feeling sleepy. Well done!

    I think you might really enjoy being a part of the Summer Learning Journey because the activities give you a chance to write poems or stories, to talk about your favourite foods and what you love about your home etc. And you can learn about the unique animals and plants that live in your beautiful country, so very different from my country, Canada.

    There are still 3 full weeks in which you can do any of the activities you choose. And I'll read your blog postings and write back. So please think about participating. Many of your classmates are and you can share your blogs with them.

    Meanwhile, have a lovely summer holiday!

    Leslie

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.