Pages

Sunday 12 January 2020

Discovering Aoteroa SLJ W1 Day 1 Activity 2

For this activity we would like you to think about your own experiences and your own cultural background. Where does your family come from? Do they come from Europe like Abel Tasman, Polynesia like Kupe, or somewhere else?
On your blog, please tell us about your cultural background. Where do you and your family come from?

My family and I are very kind and generous. I have 8 brothers and 5 sisters living with me in an 2 story house. Its hard having 12 siblings but having them around  is so spectacular because they always keep me company.  My family and I come from the kingdom of Tonga just like the awesome Jason Taumalolo. My whole family loves being Tongan because we get to wear incredible clothes from Tonga, eat delicious food from Tonga and we get to teach some Tongan to others  My family and I are one hundred percent proud to be a Tongan.    

2 comments:

  1. Hi Soane, this is Mrs Collins again commenting on blogs over the term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I like the post you created on "Discovering Aotearoa" and sharing about your family history. When we moved to New Zealand we had to leave all of our family behind in England, but they, and some of our friends, have been out to visit many times... Do you speak Tongan at home? Could you add the Tongan flag as a visual to you post? Keep blogging, and commenting on others to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes, and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Malo e lelei Soane,

    Well done for participating in this years' SLJ programme, "Changemakers: People who have changed the world" - I hope you are enjoying the programme so far. I encourage you to keep going Soane, there are some super cool activities to be completed! :)

    I liked reading through your blog post and finding out about your culture. I am also Tongan!! What village are you and your family from in Tonga? I hail from the village of Kolonga. Wow that’s a lot of siblings! I have 15 siblings, enough for a rugby team...ha! I am so happy to hear that you are proud to be Tongan, I believe our cultures are very important for understanding who we are and where we come from. Such a lovely post, keep up the good work Soane! :)

    Malo,
    Mani

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.