Pages

Sunday 12 January 2020

Explorers SLJ W1 Day 1 Activity 1

For this activity, make a list of ten food items that you could take with you. Please think carefully about what you will take as you won’t have access to a refrigerator or freezer while at sea. Please explain why you would select each item.
On your blog, post your list of 10 food items you would take on an ocean voyage and the reasons why you chose these items.

Food that I will take to an ocean voyage and why:
  •  Vegetables - It is very healthy 
  • Food cans - Because I can use the cans to put things in it
  • Meat - I could make a fire and cooked them for a nice meal to munch up 
  • Frozen food - On an ocean voyage it will be super hot
  • Sweets - It's one hundred percent delicious
  • Burger King - It will make me completely full
  • Fruits - I can make juice with it  
  • Potatoes - I could transform it into french fries
  • Fruit cups - I could use it to scoop things
  • Kebabs - Its easy to carry around, cook and its yummy       

3 comments:

  1. Hi Soane, this is Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I like the assortment of food and drink that you picked - do you have a favourite? Perhaps next time you could put all of the information on a DLO or an infographic?! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mōrena Soane,

    My name is Mani and I am blog commenter for the Summer Learning Journey. I am so excited that you are joining us for the Summer Learning Journey 2019-2020. Have you done this programme before? In my spare time I like spending time with my family and hanging out with my friends. I also love to exercise and write songs in my spare time. What have you been up to this summer?

    I really enjoyed reading through your list of food items and think you have some items that will really benefit you if you were to go on an ocean voyage. I think the best item would be the food cans because they can last a lot longer! What food would you find hard not to finish straight away. If I’m honest, I would probably eat all of the burger king and potatoes on the first day.

    By adding some bright colours or a few pictures of the food items to your blog post I think it would really catch people’s attention. Keep up the mahi Soane, look forward to reading more of your blog posts! :)

    Ngā mihi
    Mani

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Soane. Its August here. Your work is perfect. Keep it up. Have a great day.
    Augustine

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.