Pages

Thursday 16 January 2020

Miracle on the Hudson SLJ W1 Day 2 Activity 3

For this activity, we would like to hear about a time when you, or someone you know, was brave like Sully.
On your blog, recount a time when you (or someone else you know) did something brave.
There I was with my family playing dodge ball out on our backyard. I was dodging a lot of balls that was been thrown-ed by my humongous brother. I kept on dodging when a ball came dashing right at me and knocked me off my feet. I was eliminated and I got hit by another ball even though I was out . I felt so furious at my brother so in the next round I wanted to get him back.

A few minutes later the next round began. As soon the word "Go" was said, my team rushed to the middle to get a ball. I grabbed a ball and straight away threw it and it accidentally hit my little brothers butt. I felt sad for him because I meant to hit my big brother with it.  I went everywhere trying to find a ball and suddenly my big brother threw a ball at me and it was going really fast. As soon as it reached me I caught it with my bear hands and eliminated him from the game.  

 After getting him out, I went to him and stood up for myself. I said to him "You shouldn't have hit me with the ball on the other round, but still good game". This taught me that if I could stand up to my brother I could stand up to anyone else.    



6 comments:

  1. Hello Soane,
    I am back on your blog to see some of the fantastic blog posts you have created. I really like how you added a picture to try help us visualise what happened during this. I also really like how you explained how you felt. I remember once in my school our class was playing doge ball. Someone hit me in the face with it. The teacher said for the game to stop and tried to comfort me. After she calmed me down I got hit in the face again. Man that hurt. Maybe next time you could add a bit of information about what you learned. Overall, this is a phenomenal blog post! Keep up the astonishing work!

    Vitaraag

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kia ora Soane! How are you doing today? Olive here from the Summer Learning Journey. I'm a part of the Kaikohekohe Cluster and I've heard Manaia-Kalani learners are smashing out the activities, so I'm heading over to you!

    Thank you for your blog post! I thoroughly enjoyed reading your narrative about how brave you are! It's very well written, you make the story super exciting and use lots of creative words! Ka pai! When I was in school, I remember playing dodge-ball quite a bit! The boys used to all try and get us girls out. I always liked proving I was just as strong as the boys! My favourite type of play was when we had mixed teams! Everything evened up then and we all worked together!

    Remember the end of the Summer Learning Journey is next Friday 24th January! Keep up the blogging, commenting and enthusiasm!

    Ngā mihi,
    Olive

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Soane, this is Mrs Collins from Manaiakalani and I'll be commenting on blogs over term break. Well done on posting and participating in the SLJ this year. I really like the narrative you shared about being brave... sometimes being brave can be fun too, I'm glad you enjoyed the courage you showed! Keep blogging, and commenting on others, to increase your chance of winning one of the awesome prizes and to keep up your learning over the school break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great job Soane. Keep up the great work.
    Have a great day.
    Augustine

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Soane. Aj here good to see you doing the summer learning journey.

    Great blog post keep up the good work.

    AJ

    ReplyDelete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.